The Wedding Filmer in Amritsar | Prerna & Manav
How do you make a wedding film special? By filming a very special wedding. Prerna & Manav’s wedding was just like life in the movies. Complete with a loving family and each with their own incredible story, adorable friends who were constantly bickering yet pampering the bride, all of this in the backyard of a farmhouse in Amritsar. Here are some fun facts about the wedding!
The location was WINDSONG, an AirBnB holiday home the bride herself runs. We recommend you stay there when you visit Amritsar next, maybe you’ll be lucky enough to watch their wedding film. I’m sure her mum would love to screen it for you!
It happened over two days and had just under 50 people who came to bless the bride and groom. The bride made an unusual choice with her yellow Anamika Khanna lehenga at the wedding (and looked absolutely stunning!). Most of the family were staying at their home, which was full to the brim with lots of madness and chaos.
We stayed back after the wedding to spend more time with the family because two days was just not enough! The bride took us for a food walk and a tour of The Golden Temple and markets. It felt so good to wander around and travel again! How on earth could their wedding video not be special then?
We asked her about her about her wedding experience and here’s what she had to say:
1. Why The Wedding Filmer and how did you feel about having us at your wedding?
In 2014 I saw ‘Heartbeats’ and it was pure joy! I was laughing and crying for people I didn’t even know and it was because of how beautifully the little details were captured. I instantly messaged The Wedding Filmer on Facebook asking them to film my wedding whenever it happens and when I got a reply in a few hours I was over the moon.
Your wedding is probably one of the happiest moments of your life, what’s better than having a film that will make you relive those moments and there is ABSOLUTELY no one who does it like The Wedding Filmer.
It was a dream come true to have Vishal, Haritha, Kunal and Kashi at our wedding. Apart from being super talented all of them are the warmest, best people I’ve met in a long long time.
I had no doubt that our movie would be amazing but it obviously exceeded our expectations, the song just blew our minds. Manav has always treated and told me, “you’re my equal” and the song lyrics somehow magically were just what we’ve felt.
Manav and I feel lucky and grateful to have a wedding film which will make us happier on happy days and sail through with a smile on the not-so-good ones!
2. What advice would you give to future brides?
One keeps planning and prepping for the wedding functions and once they start they all just go by in a blink. My advice would be:
1. Enjoy all your functions, don’t sweat the small stuff.
2. Plan and list down all your outfits makeup etc ahead of time so you’re stress free once the celebrations start ( even after all the planning and lists I was missing a churidar for my mehendi outfit on the day I wore my aunts.)
3. Don’t forget to eat ! You probably get the best caterer and curate a great menu but you’re going to regret not eating when the hungry you is sitting and binging on chocolate ice cream with French fries after the Vidaai.
3. Why did you decide to wear yellow at your wedding, it is a very different choice of colour for the wedding day.
I never thought I would wear any colour other than red on my wedding day. Then I went wedding shopping, tried on lehenga after lehenga and they all just looked the same. On my third trip to Amritsar I saw this lehenga, at first I was a little hesitant about the colour but when I tried it on, I knew it was the one!